- MiBrush bittskinne oppfriskningsspraykr 177,00
- SOVA Max Night Guard (2.4mm)kr 512,00
- SOVA Fresh Desinfeksjonsspraykr 185,00
- SOVA Night Guard Heat Packkr 129,00
- Dentek Ready-Fit Dental Guard (12 pack)kr 206,00
- Tonsilfresh Direct Fit Dental Guardkr 93,00
- SISU Sport Munnbeskyttelse (Svart)kr 301,00
- TonsilFresh Protesebokskr 51,00
- TonsilFresh Munnbeskyttelsekr 90,00
- Miradent Protesebokskr 41,00
What is teeth grinding?
Teeth grinding is the movement of the teeth on top of each other. This causes a grinding sound.
Teeth grinding usually occurs during sleep and can have various negative consequences. Sometimes gritting is also confused with clamping the jaws, but in the case of jaw clamps, the molars and teeth do not move over each other. However, there is tension on the jaw here.
Negative effects of teeth grinding
When you suffer a lot from tooth grinding, this can lead to many problems. The most obvious is physical damage to the teeth, where, for example, parts of the enamel break down. This can be cosmetically unattractive, but can also cause all kinds of dental problems. Without enamel, the teeth are very prone to cavities and infections.
Problems can also arise in the jaw. Moreover, there are clear indications that teeth grinding can lead to small growths of the lower jawbone. Although this is usually not harmful, it can lead to complaints or anxiety when an unknown bump is felt in the gums.
Fortunately, using a mouthguard can reduce or prevent the effects of teeth grinding. However, it is important to choose the right mouth guard. A custom fit is the best choice to completely protect your teeth. Mouth guards that are preformed or of poor quality may cause irritation or insufficient protection.
What is a good mouth guard?
Many people suffer from tooth grinding while sleeping. By wearing a night guard you can reduce or prevent damage to your teeth that you cause while you sleep. The mouth guard provides protection for your teeth. Do you choose to buy a night guard? Then ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the night guard adapts to the shape of you tooth?
- Is the material firm?
- Is the mouth guard not too big (causes no gum irritation)?
- Does it cover all teeth and molars?